We are a a 3-form entry school (3 classes per year group) with an intake of 90 children per year group. As we are a community school, Birmingham Local Authority sets our admissions arrangements including our oversubscription criteria.
In year applications
Pupils usually start school at the start of the school year in September. Sometimes your child will need to start or change school after this because:
- You move house, either within or into Birmingham.
- You want your child to change schools for other reasons.
If you have moved house you will need to fill in an application for a change of school in-year form and bring it to The Meadows Primary School reception office along with proof of address.
If you want to apply for a place outside of Birmingham you should contact the local authority (Council) for that area.
When we receive more applications than we have places available, the places will be offered in the following criteria order:
- Looked After Children (in public care) or previously Looked After Children
- Siblings (brother or sister who will still be in attendance in September 2018)
- Distance (children who live nearest the school)
Within each of these categories, priority is given to those who live nearest to the school. This is calculated on the basis of a straight line measurement between the child’s home address and our school. There is no guarantee that the same admission pattern and ‘cut off’ distances will apply for 2022.