At The Meadows we want all pupils to be accepting and respectful of all cultures and faiths in order to make informed judgements about religious and moral situations. We want all children to have a passion for life long learning. Our curriculum will enable pupils to have:
- A broad level of religious understanding and knowledge.
- An engagement with a wide range of questions about the meaning and significance of existence.
- The ability to ask significant and highly reflective questions about religion and demonstrate an excellent understanding of issues related to the nature, truth and value of religion.
- An understanding of how the beliefs, values, practices and ways of life within any religion cohere together.
- Independence of the ability to think for themselves and take the initiative in, for example, asking questions, carrying out investigations, evaluating ideas and working constructively with others.
- They will be given the opportunity of imagination, originality and belief to personal reflections on meaning and purpose.
- Have an extensive knowledge and deep understanding across a wide range of religions and beliefs.