The Meadows Primary is committed to the highest possible standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care.
Our school will support all children by:
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within the school
- Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness
- Effectively tackling bullying and harassment
We recognise that some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff working with children are well placed to identify such abuse.
At The Meadows Primary School in order to protect our children, we aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where all children can feel secure, valued and listened to
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Respond quickly, appropriately and effectively to cases of suspected abuse.
If you have a concern that a child is being harmed, is at risk of harm, or you receive a disclosure either intentionally or unintentionally you must contact the following staff member as quickly as possible.
Designated Safeguarding Leads
Mrs Naughton - Headteacher (Deputy DSL)
Mrs Ali - Assistant Headteacher (Lead DSL)
Miss Waeland - Interim Headteacher (Deputy DSL)
Mrs Bishop -Deputy Headteacher (DSL)
Mrs Blair - SENCO (DSL)
Mrs Jeffers - Senior Learning Mentor (DSL)
Mrs Kings - Senior Learning Mentor (DSL)
Everyone working with our children, their parents and carers should be aware that:
- Their role is to listen and note carefully any observations which could indicate abuse.
- They should not attempt to investigate once the initial concern is raised.
- They should involve the Designated Senior Person immediately.
- Disclosures of abuse or harm from children may be made at any time.
The documents below will give you further information about Keeping Children Safe in School. There is also a Young Person's Guide to Safeguarding which we hope you will find useful.
Please visit our other website pages where we can signpost to internal or external support. We are here to help and advise where we can.